October 8, 2011

Status Update

On Friday (10/7), I was informed by our computer techs that the virus that infected our production computer was more serious than previously thought. To make a long story short, they have no choice but to reload the PC's operating system.

The new target date for returning the computer to us is Monday (10/10). After that, I'll need to download all of the programs we use to access and edit all our radio shows. This process may take another day or two.

If there are no other problems, I hope to have the station back up and runningby the 12th or 13th at the very latest. I apologize to all our listeners, and our programmers, for the inconvenience this outage has caused. I would also like to thank all of you for your patience and understanding in this matter. Rest assured, GCR will be back, and better than ever!

No comments: